In this article, I am going to teach “How to apply legal heir certificate online in Tamilnadu”. First, let me explain “What is Legal Heir Certificate”.
What is Legal Heir Certificate?
Legal heir certificate is required when a family member is demised. It is necessary to transfer assets to a new person in the family.
Legal heir certificate is also known as “Varisu Sandrithal” or “Varisu Certificate”. Below persons are considered as the legal heirs in the family.
- Spouse of the deceased
- Children of the deceased (Son/ Daughter)
- Parents of the deceased
- Sibling of the deceased
Apply Legal Heir Certificate Online in Tamilnadu | Step By Step Guide
Login to the TNeGA website and click the “Revenue Department” option.
The website will list out the “Revenue Department” certificates. On that, you have to choose the “REV-114 Legal Heir Certificate“.
The TNeGA website will show the instructions to apply legal heir certificate online in Tamilnadu.
- Address of the deceased where he ordinarily resided before death (anyone from the below document list)
- Divorce Copy
- Death Certificate of First Wife
- Evidence for second marriage
- Self-Declaration of the spouse indicating all other legal heirs (including Mother in law)
- Marriage Registration Certificate or Passport or Voter ID or Aadhaar Cards or NPR data to establish a relationship
- Birth Certificate of all the children or T.C of all the children
- Death Certificate of the deceased
- Death Certificate of both the parents
- Birth Certificate or Community Certificate or Passport or Aadhaar (all eligible heirs) or TC or NPR or Employee Service Board
- Birth Certificate or TC or NPR or Employee Service Record or Community Certificate or Passport or Voter ID or Aadhaar of all eligible heirs
- Guardianship order issued by Hon’ble Civil court to prove relationship to the heirs
- Self-declaration of the parents
- Self-Declaration of Applicant
- Document Proof for Legally Adoption
Now you have to search your CAN Number and proceed further. If you don’t have a CAN Number then register new one.
CAN number is nothing but a one time registration to save all your personal details in the TNESevai website.
Now you have to enter the address of the deceased person where ordinarily resided and legal heirs of the deceased.
Address of the Deceased Person:
- Revenue Village
- Building / Door / Flat No.
- Pin Code
Legal Heirs of the Deceased Person:
- Relationship to the Deceased
- Marital Status
- Living Status
That’s it. Finally, upload all the required documents and make the payment of Rs.60. You will get an acknowledgment number. Using that number, you can track the status of your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
If the application is rejected you can find what is the issue in the returned application section. You have to make correction and need to submit the application.
The process will take upto 15-30 days. Once the application is generated you can download the certificate online and take print out of that.
You have to pay Rs.60 fees to apply the legal-heir certificate online in Tamilnadu.
I hope this article helps you to apply legal heir certificate online in Tamilnadu. If you have any queries regarding this article please let me know via comments. Share this article with others.